- Cultivating physically and mentally flexible and adaptive artists who can respond to the requirements of the contemporary dance world.
- Modeling attitude and behavior that inspire artists to take initiative, welcome risks and create actively.
- Demonstrating to participants and observers (parents, colleagues, audience, support personnel, etc.) a market-based approach to creating an art product: intense working process based on self-discipline, aspiration to constant improvement and utter devotion to the process, which result in a quick product. Work without wasting resources!
- Establishing an example of self-management in the arts based on proactive, initiative-based approach, tight and diverse budget, a lot of volunteer time and effort, complete dedication to a project, and pride in the achieved results.
- Educating active citizens and responsible team-players, with competitive skills and spirit.
- Nurturing multi-ethnic and multi-cultural collaboration.
It was a truly life-changing experience for me. It was amazing having the opportunity to work with such great teachers and choreographers. It has made me more aware of the world around me and the opportunities that may lie in store for me down the road. I know that I will never look at the world of dance or at myself in the same way again after this experience.
Kyle Johnson, USA
I learned so much and gained precious experience! I will be truly happy if the program continues to exist because it contributes greatly to our development. Thank you for making this workshop a reality for the Bulgarian dancers!
Deyan Ivanov, Bulgaria
I know that this journey will be one of the most memorable events in my life. I loved it and I hope to be back soon. The part which I loved the most was holding hands with everyone in the circle as we danced, and we all laughed and enjoyed as much as we could.
Rina Shimizu, USA
This project changed my life completely. Meeting such an incredible group of teachers was a fantastic experience. They were highly professional teachers and incredible role models. Although we only worked with them for a short period of time, the memory will be forever with me and I am eagerly expecting the next opportunity to work with the incredible crew of Dance Bulgaria 2008.
Eliza Kalcheva, Bulgaria
My trip to Bulgaria was an amazing experience. The cultural diversity between Bulgaria and the United States was an eye-opening experience for me. I loved learning Bulgarian folk dancing and found myself smiling at the end of every class. I felt I worked very hard and had a fantastic time. If given the chance, I would definitely go back.
Regan Bell, USA
Your country is beautiful and it was truly a pleasure getting to stay and perform there. It was also really great getting to know the people and learning about the culture of Bulgaria.
Madeline Koch, USA
You were graciously helpful in meeting us at the airport, translating and taking us to delicious places to eat. Getting to meet the other students from Bulgaria was amazing. They were very welcoming, friendly and helpful.
Jessie Guerrero, USA
Although I loved the classes and felt the workshop was very beneficial, I think that the most valuable part about the week was meeting people and making friends with students our age who live in such a different culture. After the performance, I cannot believe how emotional all of us were. It was so difficult to leave all of the new friends that we had made. Saying Good-bye to them was the hardest part of the trip, but this also showed me how wonderful the experience was and how happy I was to be able to be there, even if only for a week.
Haley Holman, USA
Мисията на Фондация “Танцово изкуство – Илиев” като организация с международна дейност е да развива танцовото изкуство в България и неговото място в българската култура и общество, и да подпомага развитието на младите български танцьори, като ги среща с различен световен професионален опит.
Целите на фондацията могат да се опишат по следния начин:
Подпомагане на младите български танцьори в тяхното професионално развитие чрез:
- предоставяне на висококачествен танцов тренинг, равняващ се с нивото на световно известни училища и школи;
- мотивиране за световна кариера, най-вече чрез срещи, обучение и комуникация с утвърдени извън България професионалисти;
- разширяване на възможностите им за изява и реализация в България чрез въвличането им в различни продукции и чрез насърчаване на собствената им инициативност и предприемачески дух;
Реализиране на собствени танцови продукции с явна българска идентичност, които не само да обогатят съвременното танцово изкуство в България, но и да го направят известно в чужбина;
Подпомагане на културния обмен като цяло (между български и чуждестранни танцови, музикални и други артисти и творци);
Използване потенциала на танцовото изкуство за социално-образователни инициативи, мотивиращи деца, вкл. в риск, за тяхното пълноценно участие в обществения живот;
Участие в различни обществени иницитиви и лобиране пред държавни и общински структури за превръщане на танцовото изкуство в приоритет на културната политика.